Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm Gonna Grow You Up

I'm gonna teach you
Teach you how to talk less
Say more, stop adoring
Whores on the tv
And be better than me
All before we're done

Yeah, we're gonna have fun
I'm gonna grow you up

I'm gonna get you
Make you forget all the bad habits
And bits of nonsense
You've taken on voluntarily
Gladly deleted your academic agenda
And rendered yourself
Gleefully inebriated
Twenty-four seven

I'm gonna get you to heaven
I'm gonna grow you up

I'm gonna work you
Jerk you around
Until you feel the smart parts shake loose
And choose to pursue a life of honor
And better nobility
Than your peers
And refuse the jeers of those
Who chose to hang back
And let their tongues hang slack
Tracking how dumb they can be
On their walrus bikinis

I'm gonna make you hate me
I'm gonna grow you up

I'm gonna get down to you
Drown you in ambition
The definition of a new man
Standing in the demanding light
Of a brave new day

I'm gonna make you more
Than you are today

I'm gonna grow you up

No comments:

Post a Comment