Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Don't You Have Somewhere to Be?

I heard you were here

But I didn't believe it
I didn't believe it when they told me
When they told me
You were here

Aren't you supposed to be higher by now?
Aren't you supposed to have accelerated
Elevated yourself to some higher plane

What are you gaining by being here?

This pond's so small
You can see the shore
And I'm sure you're not satisfied
Treading water
In our little puddle

Why are you muddling your life with half a shot
Don't you know you got something
Bigger to live up to?

Who told you you belonged here?
Who said this was where you stopped?
Stop making excuses
For why you're not further along
And get strong and get strong fast

You won't last here, kid

God didn't give you petals
So you could be a stone
There ain't a crowd in this world
That can stop you from feeling alone

Get out on our own
And stay out this time

I'd keep you here forever
So do me a favor
And don't listen to me

Just tell me something

Don't you have somewhere to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment