Sunday, September 13, 2009

Leave My Guitar

I got my strings all set
Too tight to play
And my next best bet just rode away
In my brand new car
With my gold in the trunk
Junk pouring out of my bright blue tires

Liars trying to tell me
That you won't get far
I don't care where you go
Just leave my guitar

I got my breath all ready
Steady and strong
Wrong or right, day or night
When you're right back here
Where you belong
You got a tune
And I got a song

Fires in the attic
Tricking me into it
Telling me I'm to blame
Left my tab at the bar
Not a dime to my name
But I got my guitar

I got my brass tacks
And I got my white knuckles
Chuckle when you laugh
And I laugh when you buckle

Not quite what you thought
When you left me with 'nothing'
Something stuck to me, baby
Gotta give me that one thing

Leave the crumbs on the floor
And your cash with the whores
And your ass on the door
Let me know when you score

You're a black hole
And I'm just a star
You got a false note
And I got my guitar

Take off
I don't mind
Leave the key
In the jar

Yeah, that's right
My cookie jar
You're not leaving me with nothing
If you leave my guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment