Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Flying Boy

Just call me a flying boy

Let the clouds crowd me
I have dreams
That I'm a flying boy

So let the air catch me
Let it match me with colors
Like I'm the sky's wallpaper

Don't drape me in earth tones
Don't leave me alone
Don't own up to my mistakes
Don't take me down

Tell me you can't love a flying boy
Tell me you don't love a flying boy
Tell me you don't want to fly with me
Go higher with me
That anybody else
Ever dreamed we'd be

Maybe you don't want to see the good in me
Maybe what I say's tough for you to believe
Maybe I'm barking up all the wrong trees

But I coasted for cover
Looking down on my lover
And I'd severe my ties
To this tattered top soil
To spoil you rotten

By showing you the moon
From a brand new perspective
And my elective is soon
You'll be flying with me

No comments:

Post a Comment