Friday, March 25, 2011

But I Know It's 4am

On the train home
Trying to beat the sunlight
Back to bed

Trying to hold a kiss
On the edge of my lips

Trying not to laugh
By myself
On the train

And I want to go back
To two hours ago
When we finally got it right

Why leave to chance
That you'd feel the same way
Tomorrow?

I wanted to watch you
And keep you
And sleep right next to you
And creepy as that may sound

Nothing makes sense at 4am
Nothing feels wrong at 4am
Loneliness sucks so much worse
But joy overtakes you so much more

I want to be there
'Til half past four
Tomorrow afternoon

I want to run to your window
And sing up my promises
Solid as steel

I want to keep the roll we got going
I want to go to sleep simply knowing
That nothing is going to change

I would call you and tell you
All this

But I know it's 4am

So until then
Whenever then is

Well...

Sleep well

No comments:

Post a Comment