Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You Knew What You Were Getting Into

You knew what you were getting into
But you wanted to get into it anyway

You wanted to get into my pants
My parties, my presents
Unwrap me
Understand me
Get under me
Get to know me
Get to know me enough to figure out
What it would take
To take me off your to-do list

You knew I was complicated
And confused and crazy
And you used those things to your advantage
To have some arm candy for a few nights
For a few different parties
So a few new exes
Could see that you struck gold again

You knew there was a chance
I wouldn't go quietly
Or put on a show quietly
Or let you know quietly
That I wasn't going to be
Easy to get rid of

You knew that you wanted me laying in your bed
But out of your head
And away from your life

You wanted my number to disappear from your phone
As soon as you were alone
With somebody else

You wanted sex on Sunday
With no Monday conditions
Wishin' I would stop my bitchin'
And just let you fuck me in your kitchen
While the next girl showered up
To be deflowered
Because multi-tasking's where you get your power

You knew this was going to be a year-long affair
And you still didn't care
Because you wanted to see
If you could stick your hand inside of the lion cage
Without losing a hand

You knew I'd make demands and plan
On moving in
Two minutes after your two-minute conquest
Was over

You knew I'd proudly wear your flag
But not without a tag
That said I was something to you

Oh come on, baby
You knew what you were getting into

...Didn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment