Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Your Mother Worries

Jeff?

Jeff, this is your Dad
Call your mother
She hasn't heard from you since yesterday
And she worries

You know how she worries

Anyway, just give her a call
And--

Oh, hang on, Jeff

Hello?

Oh hey, princess
It's Dad

Yeah, I was just calling you
Because your mother said you were having a bad day at work
And she was all worried about you
And I said you'd be fine
But she wanted me to call
Just to make sure
You know
To put her nerves at ease and--

Uh, no, I don't think she needs to talk to you
I can just relay the message that you're fine

You are fine, right?

Because if you're not
Me and your mother could take you to dinner
You know, so she could see that you're okay
So she wouldn't have to worry

You know your mother worries

Uh huh

Okay, well
I'm glad you're okay

Bye princess
Love you

Hello?

Jeff?

It's Dad again
That was your sister
I had to check in with her
Because your mother was worried
But you shouldn't worry
Because she's fine
And everybody in this family
Worries too much anyway

Sometimes I think I'm the only one with a calm--

Oh, hang on
One second, Jeff

Hello?

Oh hey, Junior
How you doing?

No, everything's great
Your mother was just nagging me
To call you
And make sure you got in okay

Is the hotel clean?

Because if the hotel's not clean
I could always go online
And look for another one
Because if you're not in clean hotel
Your mother will never be able to sleep at night

Okay, well
If you do want to switch hotels
Just let me know
And it'll just be between you and me
Because I wouldn't want to stress your mother out
Any more than she already is

Okay, well
You have a good trip

Okay, love you
Bye Junior

Hello?

Jeff?

That was your brother
He made it to Boston okay

Your mom was a little worried
Since it's an two hour drive

People drive like lunatics nowadays

...She says

Well, gotta go
Gotta go make--

--your mom...get started...on dinner

You know me
Old Dad
Likes to sit on the couch
And relax all night

Can't help it
It's my nature

Don't forget to give us a call!

Love you

. . . . .

Hey hon?

Do you think we should go drive over to Jeff's place?

I just left him a message
But we could make a run over there real quick
After I'm done doing the dishes
Or maybe before I make dinner?

Well, I know he's a grown-up, but--

Okay, okay
I'll drive over there myself then

I just don't want you to worry

No comments:

Post a Comment