Tuesday, March 22, 2011

If You're Just Going to Sit There

If you're just going to sit there
Watching the telephone poles
Watching the invisible cars go by
Watching the shops close up
And the schools close down

Then I suppose that's your choice

If you're intent on being a ghost in a ghost town
Then I suppose that's your choice too

If you're in love with nostalgia
More than you're in love with me
Then...

Well then, that's that

If you're just going to sit there
Hoping the train's not gonna come
Then all my arguing and yelling
And shaking your shoulders
Won't open your eyes

You've already made up your mind, haven't you?

You're just going to stay here
Until the tumbleweeds blow by
And the mice start occupying the houses
And the last guy in town
Puts up a 'For Sale' sign

You're going to die here, aren't you?

While I walk away...

How are you going to let me
Go past you
Knowing
That you're turning to dust
Every time I take a step?

If you're just going to sit there
Looking at an empty street
Waiting for me to sit down next to you
Then I'm sorry

But I don't love you
More than I love
To move

No comments:

Post a Comment