Friday, March 18, 2011

Carly Works the Cash Register During a Hurricane

Can I help you?

You want a burger?

Are you aware there's a hurricane going on?

Like right this second?

Like, we're in the middle of a hurricane
We're, like, in the eye of the storm
And you want, what?
A burger or something?

Do hurricanes not phase you?

Are you from a place where hurricanes aren't, like, a big deal?

Do you drive an army tank?

Do you not have food at your house?

Are you starving?

Are you starving to death?

Or, like, were you unclear about whether or not
This was actually a hurricane
As opposed to just really bad rain?

Because, here's a hint:

When trees start falling down
That means it's a hurricane

That means you should probably stay home
And just make yourself some Easy mac

I'm not saying our burgers aren't awesome
Because they're, like, kind of okay
But not really worth DYING for

I'm only here because my manager sucks
And thinks we should be open
Because we might still have customers
And I told him he was crazy
But then you come in
And prove me wrong
Which means when the Apocalypse comes
I'll be standing here at the cash register
In case someone like you
Decides they want to have some fries
Before they get sucked into oblivion

So thanks for that

Now, can I take your order?

A soda?

Ma'am, maybe I need to repeat what I just said...

No comments:

Post a Comment