Wednesday, March 23, 2011

On the Line

I would wear that dress on the right
The one next to her husband's boxer shorts

I would wear that one
If I lost thirty pounds

Why does she wear that one so much?
It's not like she ever goes out

What does she wear it around the house?

Does she walk around
Offering tea
To invisible party guests?

I'm very confused, Magda
Very, very confused

What about hers?

Hanging down from 4D

The scarves

Why launder scarves?

Scarves don't get dirty

It's not like they're silk scarves

If I ever saw a silk scarf
I'd die

Such luxury
Taken in by my eyes
Would stop my heart cold
I'm telling you

I'm telling you, Magda
I'm telling you, I'm telling you

All she ever hangs out to dry are scarves

Is that all she wears?

She keeps asking me over for dinner

What if I go over there
And she opens the door
With only her neck covered?

What am I supposed to do then?

Maybe she washes the scarves
But nothing else

Maybe she's walking around in filthy clothing
But the neck up, she's fresh as a rose

Anything's possible in this world, Magda

Oh, there's 3G
Hanging out those ugly socks

How does she think she's ever going to find a husband
Wearing socks like that?

A man creates a lot of opinions about a woman
Based on the socks she's wearing

If my husband had seen those
He would have stayed my butcher
And he probably wouldn't have given me a discount on veal either

Ugh, Magda
The laundry is never done
It's endless

If I had a real dryer
Then I wouldn't have to hang my clothes outside my apartment
Like a peasant

Then I could spend my days
Doing important things

Ah, but it's no good to dream
Gotta keep yourself in check

Besides, at least you and I
Get to spend some quality time together

And friendship and quality time
Are important

It makes for good people

Oh dear, look at 6C's tablecloth

I can't believe she'd even put that out there
For all the world to see

Some people
Have no shame

No comments:

Post a Comment