Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Julia Roberts vs. Modesty

Pat, it's just an honor to be here today
Honestly, it is a the-rill
To be competing against a foe
I--and I have to be honest here
Have never encountered before

Modesty

Hahaha

I thought maybe it was a city in the Ukraine
A place, which, by the way
I helped put on the map
When I did a documentary there
About the endangered manza bird
A beautiful creature

I happen to be the only known human
Who has ever had the bird
Land on his or her shoulders

I was holding my Oscar at the time

I remember when I won my Oscar
It was such a thrill

I also remember the first time I was nominated for an Oscar
And the second time
And when I became Hollywood's highest paid actress
And Ocean's Eleven

Ah, George--we're such good--

I'm not even sure there's a word for what we are
Soulmates seems like such a petty term
For the kind of relationship we have

Oh goodness, what is that around my head?
Is that a halo?

Please don't be nervous, Pat
That happens all the time

So are we ready to play?

I'm not sure you're aware of this, Pat
But I actually invented Wheel of Fortune
Along with salt and vinegar potato chips
And the unicycle

Well, best of luck, Modesty

But I'm not sure you realize
Who you're up against

No comments:

Post a Comment