Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Slightly Bigger World

When he explained it to me
It all made sense

None of the houses have any furniture in them
The lake is made of blue paint
And the sun is flourescent

Day can turn to night
In a second
And vice versa

And all I do is watch the trains go by
While a giant man hovers above me
Making sure my nose doesn't need to be repainted
With a q-tip

Now everything is being put into boxes
And there's talk of a move
To another house
With a 'bigger basement'
Whatever that means

And today, for the first time
The train stopped
Right in front of me
And the conductor got out
And explained to me
That this world is simply a representation

A model, of the actual world

Apparently there is another world
A slightly bigger world
Where lakes have water in them
And people move about
And trains are meant to take you somewhere
Instead of just going around and around
Without picking up any passengers

The conductor asked if I'd like to ride the train
One time, before the giant man came downstairs
To box all of us up

I said I would like that very much

And so, for the first time
I rode the train around the little square
That up until now
Has been my entire world

And even though there is no sky
And even though there's no fresh air
And even though it could be said that the sun buzzes
More than it shines

I still enjoyed the trip

I enjoyed it
Very much

No comments:

Post a Comment