Monday, January 10, 2011

Mrs. Darwin's Doesn't Get It

Monkeys?

...Monkeys?

Okay

Monkeys?

Like at the zoo monkeys?

Like the ones that throw their poop?

All right, Charles, all right
I'm just trying to understand

Now, how long did it take for the monkeys
To turn into...us?

Uh huh

Okay

All right

Well, that's a relief

So it doesn't happen overnight?

Because if I go to the zoo tomorrow
And see a monkey
Wearing an apron
And making strudel
I'm going to be very taken aback

Now, why didn't ALL the monkeys turn into humans?

So there are two kinds of monkeys then?

And the smartest ones became human?

What do you mean it had nothing to do with intelligence?

Well, I would hope it would
Otherwise how did we figure out which of us
Were going to turn into people?

Did we draw straws or something?

Sweetheart, that is a legitimate question

You know when you explain this to people
You're not always going to be speaking to people
With my level of intelligence

What do you mean 'Thank God?'

Charles, be careful what you say
You know I don't understand sarcasm
It's the devil's language

Now if we're not monkeys anymore
Why do some of us still like bananas?

I don't like bananas but some people do

If you like bananas, does that mean you haven't evolved fully as human beings?

Because, and don't bite my head off here, Charles
But it is a fact that your mother likes bananas
Loves bananas
Some would say she adores bananas

And she does pick things out of my hair
Every time I'm over visiting her
It's just a fact, Charles

Opposable thumbs?

Charles, my thumbs are hardly opposites of each other
They both look exactly the same
Except for when I get them painted different colors
But that's only to make them look festive!

Walking upright?

But I don't understand, dear
Ostriches walk upright
And they're nothing like humans
Again, unless we're talking about your mother--

Ah, here you go

Getting so frustrated
You throw things

Howling and beating at your chest

You have no patience at all

You know dear, you may be the best example
Of your theory

No comments:

Post a Comment