Tuesday, January 25, 2011

If It's Okay With You

If it's okay with you
I'm going to have this last drink
And dance my way home
Like the closing of a poem

If it's okay with you
I'm going to smoke
And not quit

And if it's okay with you
I'm going to write you
Into my next song

Something about a dark coat
Dark hair, blue eyes
Nice teeth
Good stance

If it's okay with you
I'll demand that you fuck me
On our first date

And I'll call you eight weeks later
Like it's been two hours

Pick up a conversation
We dropped two months ago

If it's okay with you
I'll hate every girl that's ever had you
And threaten every other girl who looks at you
From this point on

If it's okay with you
I will abandon rationale
And pluck you like a chicken
Taking care to save all your feathers

I'll lock you up inside my guitar
And you'll be a museum exhibit
That only I can see

And I'll love you like movie popcorn
Like cocoa powder
Like a mood ring when you're seven
Like a new bike when you're six
Like a box full of crayons when you're five
Like a Cookie Monster ice cream cake when you're four
Like your father when you're three
Like your mother when you're two
Like your toes when you're one
Like the sight of light the first time you see it

I'll love you until I know
How to do something better
If it's okay

Would that be okay?

Is that okay
With you?

1 comment: