Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Got a Bridge I Want to Show You

Got a bridge I want to show you

Got a toaster for an Eskimo
And a fountain
That makes you young

Got 'em all in one of two hands
So which hand do you want?

Huh?

Which hand do you want?

Got a drinking problem
Got a pissing problem
Got a drug habit
And a big smile
And a mouth that can lie
Like it licks its own lips

Got kids in two states
Got wives in two more
Got a suitcase
And a practiced speech
And a comb
And a crush on ambition

Got two Bibles
And a bottle
And what's in it
I only half remember
Until it's up to my lips

Got a nice sturdy bridge
That I can touch
And say is mine

And say is mine
And say is mine
And say is mine

I got intelligence
And bad manners
And poor writing skills
But I can speak like God gave me the tongue
Out of his own mouth

And I got a barrel with a hole in it
That I can sell to you
As if the hole could produce more water
Than could go through it

And speaking of water

There's water that flows
Underneath that bridge I got

But that...

Well, that don't belong to me

No comments:

Post a Comment