Friday, January 7, 2011

Don't Logic Me on This

Look, don't logic me on this okay

I'm aware I'm being an idiot
I'm aware that you're making good points
I'm aware that I just gave someone my bank card
And put on my sunglasses
And I still don't want to hear it

Do you think I'm stupid?

Because acting stupid and being stupid
Are two totally different things

Trust me, my intelligence is the reason
I'm behaving like this

The fact that I have mountains of intelligence
With which to rationalize
My completely insane behavior
Is pretty much the crux of the problem

See? I know words like 'crux'

Clearly I'm not a moron

And yet, I just handed my car keys
To somebody
Who uses their mugshot
As their Facebook photo

Why?

Why else?

The sex is amazing
He loves me
I feel fat today
My father was an asshole
My last boyfriend was an asshole
My therapist is an asshole

I'm textbook, okay?

I'm the COVER of the textbook

And it is NOT a math textbook
So logic is not going to help me

I appreciate your concern
And your love
And your friendship
And at the same time
I can tell that you're really just jealous
Because even though he's a felon and a jerk
He's got piercing eyes and biceps
And you'd give him your bank card too
If he'd give you twenty minutes
On the couch
In the basement
Of his parents' house

So please

Don't logic me on this

Because honestly
What's logic got to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment