Monday, January 24, 2011

The New Year's Eve Party (Such a To-Do)

I am throwing a New Year's Eve party
Because it is nearly February
Which means it is the perfect time
For a New Year's Eve party

I couldn't possibly have one on New Year's Eve
Because that's when everybody else
Is having their New Year's Eve parties
And I will not be another face in the cloud

A New Year's Eve party can be a to-do
Suuuch a to-do!

I can't how imagine how people do it
When it's actually New Year's Eve

I was going to invite George the Elephant
But he just got a nosejob
Like my Auntie Ruth Ann
And he's in discovery

I think he's discovering
That he didn't really need a nosejob
That his nose made him look unique
And it's important to be unique
Like how unique people throw New Year's Eve parties
When it's almost February

I feel very badly for people who are not unique

I couldn't invite Sarah Toder
Because her name reminds me of toads
And it would certainly remind my party guests of toads
And I can't have a party where everybody is sitting around
Thinking of toads and getting warts inside their heads
Where their thoughts are

That would be a to-do
Such a to-do

It looks like it's just going to be me
And Mr. Bear

We had a bit of a tiff earlier this year
Then there was a riff

A tiff and a riff
But now we're all right
Because life is too short

One of my friends from play date
Turned five and now she goes to school
And I never see her anymore

It just reminds you how fast time flies

Pretty soon I'll be five
And then six
And then old

So I have to live it up while I can
And forgive Mr. Bear
And have the best New Year's Eve party ever

The other nice thing about having the party a month late
Is that I only have to keep my Constitutions for eleven months
Instead of a whole year
And that's much easier

Especially since my Constitution this year
Is to have less tea parties than last year
Because they always end up being such to-do's

But I do enjoy doing them
Because I do enjoy friends
And tea
And sometimes coloring

Mostly the friends

Now, if you'll excuse me
I have to do the seating chart
And those can be a to-do

Such a to-do

No comments:

Post a Comment