Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Guitar Girl

I saw you playing

You're good, you know

You're good

Guys give you trouble?

Because you play guitar?

Huh?

Anyone gives you trouble
You should call me

You can, you know

You can call me

I'm going to get cards
I'm going to have cards printed up
With my number on them
Like a bigshot, you know?

Not that I think I'm a...

That guy talking to you before
Was he your boyfriend?

You like him?

If you like him
I can leave you alone

I just came up because I liked your song

You like what somebody does
You should tell them, you know?
You should tell them you like what they do

I like what you do

I used to write songs sometimes
But I could never perform them
Because every time I'd get onstage
I'd forget all the words
So I'd have to make stuff up
Sounded like jibber jab, you know?

That song you wrote
You know about that?

You know about what you were writing about?

Or were you just...imagining it or something?

I used to only be able to write about stuff I knew
And that's what they tell you anyway
They say write what you know
So that's what I did
But then I couldn't remember what I know, you know?

Would you be embarrassed for me
If I told you that I liked you
And that I only like you
Because of that song you wrote
But I feel like you wrote about what you know
And so now I know something about you
And what I know I like

So I got brave and came over
Like a bigshot, you know?

Talk to the guitar girl

I'm nothing special myself

But I'm a good guy, you know

Guys'll say that
Yeah, but...

But I'm a good guy
I'm the good guy

You want to meet a good guy
Meet me, okay?

Meet me, and if I'm wrong
If I'm an ass
Then leave me where I am

But at least meet me

At least give me that

Worse comes to worse
You can write a song on your guitar about me

Best to best
We get something better, right?

Even better than a song

So for you it's a win-win, right?

Either way, I promise
You're going to win

No comments:

Post a Comment