Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Early's a Good Thing

Hi!  Oh my God
I'm here early
I know, I know
A little early
Or, like, three hours early, which is--
I know, haha
This guy on my train
Was just hitting on this girl
Also on my train
And I was going to--ugh, barf

And so I just got off the train
And then I got nervous
Because even though it's just one stop early
I was like, what if I don't make it?
So, instead of doing the errands
I was going to do
Get my haircut
Pick up toothpaste
Refill my prescription

Just stuff that can wait, you know?

So I came right here
And then, as I'm coming here
I'm like a block away
And I realize
Oh my God
I'm three hours early

So I was like
Should I get a sandwich
Should I get a pizza
Should I go for a run
Oh my God
What if I sweat
I have to find a shower
I have to redo my make-up
I'm going to be a mess
Why did I take that train?
Why didn't I take a later train?
But, you know, trains break down
They delay, there are delays
Power lines fall onto them
It's just too much risk

It's too much

I'm sorry, but it's too much
And then I thought--

Well, why not just go?
I mean, why not be early, right?

Early's a good thing

So I get here early
And I realize
I left my resume at home

Oh, and my rec letters
Which I know you need
And also, I forgot to put on lipstick

And also, eye-liner
And my hair's--

You know what?
Why don't we reschedule?
How about I come back in a week?
Sound good?

Yeah, I think that sounds like a plan

No comments:

Post a Comment