Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ten Moments in Time

The knife went in
Two seconds went by
Out, no blood
Funny how that happens
That would be moment one
And two
With the blood not coming out, I guess
And the shot
The shot didn't make a sound
Nothing did what it was supposed to
The car backfired
But that made a sound
But it wasn't the shot
It wasn't the sound of a shot at all
Check on the clipboard
Check the box
I'm all here
It says that
It says I'm all here
So don't say I don't know these things
No blood
No shot
Don't count me out like that
I have reasons
I have a grandfather
A clock that keeps time
And a man saying
The train's coming
The train's coming
It's coming
Don't you know that?

Three for the train
Four for the man
Five for the tick tock grandfather clock
Six for the girl in the room all alone
Seven for the pills, everyday kinda pills
Eight for the reasons
Nine for the rhymes

Tick tock
Tick tock

And the tenth one's for time

No comments:

Post a Comment