Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Plenty of Time

You know, I feel bad
Because I wanted to invite this woman I work with
I really did
But she's so neurotic
With all these lists
She makes all these lists
And they're all over her station
At the office
The lists and these photos of her brother
Who got put in jail for god knows what
But I still wanted to ask her, because, you know
We've worked together for years now
And she always asks about you
How you're doing
And she really is a sweet lady
And it's not like we couldn't use the extra people there
Like, you know, for an audience or whatever
Because god knows he doesn't have much of a family
But, I don't know, I just felt--

Well, weird

So I just kept putting it off
And you know me
I put things off
And put things off
And the next thing I know
My daughter's getting married tomorrow
And only half the favors are done
And I didn't invite the weird woman from work to the wedding

Oh well

The important thing to remember
Is that it's never too late
To get everything done

There's always time for everything
Despite what people may say

There's always time
To make do things right
Make good decisions
Change your mind if you...

Now wait
You don't know where I'm going with this

I'm just saying
Only half the favors are done
And so few people are coming
And you're sweating

Brides don't sweat

Not even jittery brides
I never perspired
When I was going to marry your father

I was happy
I was sooo happy
Just thinking about spending the rest of my life
With him

Do you feel that way?

Honestly, do you?

I just want you to know
That we can call this all off
It's not as if we're at some sort of
Point of no return

The time it takes to correct a mistake
Is always longer
Than the time it takes
To stop one before it happens

Remember that

But if you're happy
You're happy

But if you're not...

Well, we still have until tomorrow
To figure it out, don't we?

Plenty of time

Plenty of time
To think things over

No comments:

Post a Comment