Wednesday, February 22, 2012

While He Watches Me

The plan is for him to rob me tomorrow
He's been watching me
Checking my mail
Blocking out my time

He doesn't know I'm skipping the wedding

I'll say I had a cold
Or something
And then I'll wait for him

He thinks I go to work everyday
That I leave my house at eight
And return to six
So I must work an hour away
Or hit traffic
Or something

He's been casing me

Keeping an eye on me

It...

Makes me...

Ha

It's difficult to describe

I know it's just his work
He's a criminal
Probably a good one
And he's precise
So he has to have a good grasp
On time
And timing

He doesn't know that I don't work
That I don't need to work

I won the lottery two years ago
Split the winnings
With some guy from Pawtucket

So when I leave the house at eight
All I'm doing is driving around the block
And parking in the restaurant's lot across the street

Backing into the spot
Behind the dumpster
But pulled just far enough ahead
So I can see his car

So I can see him sitting there
Waiting to see if I come home early for any reason

In a strange way
It feels like he cares about me

Like he's interested
Which, to some degree
He is

Even though it's for selfish reasons

Tomorrow he'll make his move
While he thinks I'm gone for the day

Then when he breaks in...

When he enters...

I'll be waiting for him

I look forward to it

Getting up
And sitting there
And waiting

Just waiting

I hope he takes his time

I hope he doesn't do it right away

I hope he makes me wait
For hours

Letting the time pile up on me
Like stones

It'll make it that much better
When he finally sees me

When he realizes
That while he's been watching me
I've been waiting
For him

No comments:

Post a Comment