Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Time for Something New

San Diego didn't work out
And so, I thought, you know
Why not Israel?
I mean, it's Israel
It has to be life-changing, right?
I mean, it's not like Miami
It's not like you can just, you know
Go there and enjoy the scenery
It's an active place
It's a place that engages you

Oh my God, your girlfriend
Or whatever
Must have flipped
When she found out
You were going

I mean, I would flip
If I was dating someone
And they just took off

I mean, almost everybody I date
Flips out when I take off
And I mean, I don't make it a point
To take off a lot
I just sort of do
And I know how that sounds
But it kinda--you know
It just is what it is
And it happens

Because every once in awhile
You just get to that place
Where you want something new
Because things aren't working out
So you just sort of say--
'Okay, scratch this'
Let's try a new drawing board, right?

You know what I mean?
Like why force something?

I tried San Diego
San Diego was a bust
I tried Chicago
Awful, I mean, like, a lovely place
But just not, you know
No, like, what's the word?
Like nothing there
For me
With me
To have

So now--Israel
And we'll see

The great thing about places
Is that places don't care
When what you have with them
Doesn't work out

So you can always just try a new place
And there's no hard feelings

I mean, there is with the people
The people you meet there
And whatever
But not the place itself

So you just go, you know?

You were there
You tried it
You try something new

Who has time to force anything anymore, you know?

Who has time to invest in something
That isn't working?

I'd rather start over a thousand times
Than spend one hour
Questioning whether I am
Where I'm supposed to be
Doing what I'm supposed to be doing

I'd rather just say screw it
And get the passport stamped again
You know?

I mean, that just makes sense right?

Doesn't that just make the most sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment