Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Time Zones

There is a part of the world
Where a man exists
Who doesn't love you

A cold, desolate land
Where ice is natural
To the human condition

Where it's in your blood
And your mouth
And your tears
And the cold feels like death
And heat
At the same time

I could fly to this part of the world
And gain two hours

That's the interesting thing about time zones

They turn time into currency
Something to be gained
And lost
And put back again

I'd like the two hours
But I wouldn't like living somewhere so cold

Somewhere where loving you
Isn't possible

Instead I sit on a plane
About to leave a time zone
Where you are loved
But loved by someone
Who isn't me

I think about you two
Together, right now
Lapping up the time
Licking it clean off the landscape
Not realizing how fast it's going to go
Not knowing the more you enjoy it
The quicker it goes

The plan is to put time
Between you and I

Hours and days
And years
And see if that distance
That is not really distance
Will make an impact

I'm sure it will

I expect time to treat time
Like a blanket

I'm going to pull it over me
And forget the chill
Of memory

And the slow way
You unveil
A smile

I'll be in another time zone

And I think it'll be
Like another world entirely

Like that cold, cold place
Where you wouldn't even exist
Except for that man
That man who doesn't love you

Maybe I'll be that man

I'd imagine
That he's a much easier man
To be

No comments:

Post a Comment