Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Play 'Time After Time'

So my sister's making the cake
Which is a mistake
She'll probably set her kitchen on fire
Meanwhile I'm in charge of the singing
Which is--

It's daunting

I have to find the song

My brother didn't want to be bothered with finding a song
And his wife's favorite song is 'The Bad Touch' by the Bloodhound Gang
Which, don't get me wrong, makes me like her even more
But it's not exactly something you can play
In front of our Nana

So he asked me to pick the song
The one they'll dance to
And I know it's kind of overdone
But I ended up with--Drumroll please

'Time After Time'

Wait, hear me out

It kind of basically sums up marriage perfectly
And yet it's so vague
That it could apply to a lot of things

All great songs are are always
At least slightly
Vague

And sung by someone
With a flawed
Squeaky voice
That sounds like a Chipette

I wanted to pick a song for them
But I also wanted to pick something
That would sort of say--

I'm your sister
And I'm happy you're happy
And if this doesn't work out
And if I lose my job
We can always move back in with Mom
So that's a really good reason
To make sure we try really hard
At both these things

And 'Time After Time' just sort of said that

If you're lost you can look
And if you will find me

Time After Time

It's kind of exactly what you want every spouse
And friend
And sibling
To say to you

To let you know
They'll be there

Time After Time

No comments:

Post a Comment