Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gym Time

I mean, an hour everyday's
Not gonna kill you, you know?

The thing to remember
Is that fourteen hours a week
Is NOT
Going to kill you

Well, yeah, an hour a day won't kill you
So you do two hours
One in the morning
One at night

Now, that won't kill you either
But it'll come closer

That's what you want

You want to get as close to death
As humanly possible
And then pull back
And THAT is when you achieve
Optimum personal health

You know, people make these cracks
All these jokes
About like--

Ohhhh why put years on your life
If you're just going to spend them in the gym?

Well, you know what I say?

I say nothing
Because I don't talk to fools
But if I did talk to fools
I would say--

A--you're a fool
B--why sleep?
Why waste time sleeping?
But you do
You sleep years of your life away
But you still have to do it right?

So I spend years of my life
Making sure when I'm not sleeping
I look good

I'm in shape
I'm healthy
I can eat an aluminum can
And my body can process it
Without so much
As a stomachache

That's the machine
You're dealing with here

And you can have that too

It'll take you about six years
And some determination
About a few thousand dollars
In vitamin supplements
But if you commit to all that
Then one day looking at me
Will almost be like looking
In a fogged-up mirror

Or just a picture of me

So let's keep at this, all right?

Because it's this or sleep
And sleeping is for the fools

Nobody ever put years on their life
By going to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment