Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Predictable Time

She leaves the house at eight
She's back by six
Must be an hour commute to work
Unless it's just traffic
But it's pretty steady
Leaves at eight
Comes back at six
Usually stays home all night
Doesn't go out much
Which is not ideal

No alarm
No dog
No intricate lock system
Just a standard deadbolt
Although she has homeowner's insurance
I checked her mail

Makes me feel better
When they have insurance

Then I know I'm just annoying them
Rather than all-out robbing them

She'll replace everything
It's not like I'll be robbing
Priceless family heirlooms

She's got two tvs
A laptop
A desktop
And a necklace she bought for herself

Nothing sentimental

I don't want to do this during the week though
Because her neighbor stays home during the week
So I'd rather wait until Saturday
Which means I have to keep an eye on her

She has a wedding tomorrow
So she'll be gone most of the day

Sucks because my roommate's working tomorrow

I was going to have the apartment to myself
As long as her stupid friend
Didn't spend the night
Drunk on the couch again

Oh well, that's work for you

My roommate thinks I'm a security guard

She's never home
That's why I like her

She'd be hard to track
Not like this girl

Soon as she leaves tomorrow
I'll take the apartment
Be in and out
No big deal

It's her only bit of unpredictable time

And that makes me want to take it

The best time to do this kind of thing
Is during unpredictable time

I believe, and this sounds weird, but--

I believe people can almost sense it
When you plan something like this
While they're at work
Or the market
Or while they're doing something routine

You gotta do it
When their mind's somewhere else

You gotta do it
When their time is fully occupied

Otherwise they figure something out
Inside their own heads

They leave work
They come home early
They skip an errand

And then you have a real problem on your hands

Then things
Aren't so simple

No comments:

Post a Comment