Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Making the Most of It

We are so excited about the new kitchen
I mean, we are really excited about it
I can't even tell you

My husband's at his buddy's house right now
Playing poker
And getting some tips or something
On how to--I don't know
Hire a contractor
Or a spackler
Or something, the guys who don't spackle
I don't know, I'm just so--

Ahhh!

Hahaha

--You know?

So great

Just...great

Oh, and I'm getting a haircut
I'm cutting all my hair off
Almost
Like Mia Farrow, Rosemary's Baby style kinda--

I have always wanted that look, that haircut, you know?

Oh, and we're going on a cruise
Our first cruise
Very excited
And maybe getting a motorcycle
He is, I mean
But obviously, I'd ride on it
To go--I mean, I don't know where we'd go on it
But it's exciting, right?

Really exciting

And you know, I told my mother
We were doing all this
And she--

Haha

She's funny

She asked if we were having
An early onset
Mid-life crisis

Both my husband and I

She kind of actually really suggested that
Can you believe it?

I mean, that's just--

Because we're, you know
Seizing life
So apparently we're--
You know, crazy

Haha--for doing that

But I just think--

You know, we don't have kids
We...

We don't have kids

And I actually just ran into this girl
I used to baby-sit for
Back when I was in high school
And she was at the drugstore
Buying a pregnancy test

And she didn't say anything about it
But I saw it in her hand
And I was like--

Whoa--she might be pregnant

This girl that I used to--

I mean, not that there was THAT much of an age difference
But still, it's like--

And I didn't even see a ring on her finger
Which, I mean, doesn't mean anything anymore
And I'm absolutely not judging her
It's just that...

Like, you know, I got married
I got married
And I'm happily married
And we own our house
Which is, like, unheard of
Because the business did really well this year
And we're totally all set
Should we want to have a baby
And we just...

And maybe she is
You know
Maybe she is
Having one

And that just--

So why get upset, you know?

Like, have fun, instead, you know?

Redo the kitchen
Get a flatscreen
Buy a bike

Why not, right?

I mean, life's so short

You might as well enjoy
The time you have

Right?

I mean, why not just make the most of it?

What else can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment