Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Time to Lose

I told them I'd lose it for the wedding
Me and my niece
We're going to lose the weight together
And here's how I see it:

If I lose four pounds a day
From now until the wedding
I'll fit into that dress like a glove
Nothing to worry about

Losing weight is a frame of mind
Just like time
It's relative

Ironically it's my relatives
I'm losing it for

Four pounds a day
Which is nothing

I bet I don't even eat four pounds a day
So who says I even have to give anything up?
Maybe I need to eat more
Maybe that's the problem

When I don't eat I feel stressed out
And when I'm stressed I put weight on
So maybe what I really need to do
Is start going to the bakery more

Logically, that all works in my head

People get so obsessed
With weight and time

I only have this long to lose it
I only have this long

Tell yourself you're going to lose it
When you need to lose it
And you will

It's like having money when you need it
Or waking up when you need to
It's all about mind over matter

Your body being the matter

I am in total control of my body
And even if I wasn't
That's why they make zippers
And tailors
And shawls
To cover whatever it is
You don't want seen

I've got plenty of time to lose the weight

But it's really not about time
It's about self-control

Now, if you'll excuse me
All this talking's got me all worked up

I might need a little
Stress relief

No comments:

Post a Comment