Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Volume 17

I bought this for you
Volume 17
The time travel issue
Because I know we totally talked about it
And you didn't have the money
Probably because you spent it
On pancakes at that stupid diner
But I wanted you to have it
As sort of like a--

Like an 'I'm sorry' kinda thing

Because that girl is stupid
And I didn't want to kiss her
But she was kind of in front of my face
And the next thing I knew
Our faces were significantly closer
Like, close together
And we were kissing
And then I was like 'Oh no'
But it was--

It was stupid
I'm sorry

So I went to the comics place
And I bought you the last issue of Volume 17
Partly because I know it deals with time travel
And I wish I could time travel
Because I wish I could go back
And just--

But you know it's stupid
Because I'm seventeen, you know?

Like, we're seventeen
We're supposed to screw up

And like, should we really be regretting things now?
Not that I don't totally regret it, but...

Sometimes I feel like you expect me to be this superhero
Like in one of these books
And like, not mess up and stuff
And I'm going to, you know

And I definitely don't want that
To ruin everything
But it's going to be a long time
Before we're both perfect, you know?
I mean, if we ever get there at all

I bought you this to say I'm not a hero
But if I could could travel in time
I would go back to the first day I met you
Over and over again
So I could meet you a million times
Because that was the coolest moment
Of my life

And, you know, I'm sorry
And...

And maybe, with time
You'll believe me

No comments:

Post a Comment