Wednesday, February 22, 2012

This Isn't a Time to Talk

Honey, the thing is--

The thing is--

There's a right
And a wrong time for things

And a lot of the time
It's the right time
To, you know
Talk things out
And really hear each other
And be present

But this isn't one of those times

Okay?

This is a time
To just, do what Mommy says
So that bad things don't happen, okay?

Now, Mommy's trying not to panic
Because she's fine
And we're fine
And everything's fine

As long as we make sure
We don't waste time
Because then things won't be fine

I don't want to make you upset
But sometimes you have to be upset
To understand the urgency--
Ugh, what am I saying?
To understand that some things
Need to happen
Fast

Now, Mommy has made a few bad decisions
Which have resulted in her
Having to do some things
That she's not proud of

Like right now

Mommy is not proud right now
Not proud at all
But sometimes...

Well sometimes you can't be proud
Because you need help
And it's nearly impossible
To need help
And ask for it
And be proud
At the same time

The thing is...

Mommy took money she had
That she earned
That was hers
And she tried to make more money
So she could open up that store she always talks about
The one that's going to have nothing but music boxes in it?

You know how Mommy always talks about that?

And so Mommy took some risks
And those risks
Didn't really pay off
And now Mommy needs to pay back what she--

Uh--

Well, it's complicated

It's very complicated

The point is
Mommy needs your piggy bank

Sweetie, I promise
That one day
I will give you back
Whatever it is that's in there
But right now
Mommy needs what's in there
Or a bad man
Is going to hurt Mommy

Do you understand that?

Now, I don't want to have to take the piggy bank from you
I want you to willingly give Mommy the piggy bank
So that you can participate
In the resolution
Of this conflict

Does that make sense?

I do not want to be a bad Mommy
But given the choice
Between being a bad Mommy
And a dead Mommy
I think bad Mommy
Is definitely what we both would want, right?

I mean, it's just a goddammed piggy bank, right?

So can you just give Mommy the DAMN PIGGY BANK?

. . . . .

I'm sorry

I'm sorry I...

Keep the bank

Keep the bank
Mommy will figure out--

...Something

Just...

I just...wish I had more time

I just wish I had more time
To figure all this out

No comments:

Post a Comment