Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Necessary Time

My sister went nuts
When they put me in here

She didn't believe I did
What they say I did

Because I didn't

Funny thing is, I did worse stuff
But not the stuff
They managed to imprison me for

But let's just keep that
Between you and me, okay
Anyway, I'm doing all right
But my sister went a little, you know
And now she plans like a maniac for everything

She has an obsession with time
I have a fascination with time
But I'm in here
So it's different

Time is all I got

I imagine myself playing with it
Like a toy
Like playdoh
Like a Rubik's cube

Twisting it around
To see what I can make of it

The guy in the cell next to me?

He's haunted by time

I mean, it gets to him
Gets right under his skin
Like little insects
Burrowing, burrowing

That's because he did
What they say he did

Hurt some women
In that way
The worst way

So I don't feel bad for him

I don't judge anybody
But I have a sister
And if somebody hurt her
I'd make their time painful
And I'd make it last

People talk about how we should all just be executed

Save the taxpayer's the money
Of keeping us up here

They should try having to think about the rest of their lives
In the context of eight square feet
And bad food
And time
Nothing but time

Then let them tell me
What they think is worse

That--

Or death

I'm still not ready to take death yet
But I'm sure I will be one day

For now, I still want to play with my time

See what I can make with it

Who knows?

Maybe I'll make something good

Even in here

Maybe...

Maybe it's still possible

As long as you got time
Almost anything
Is possible

No comments:

Post a Comment